Rise Of Nations

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Who has this game, and it's expansion? One of the more fun RTS games, as you can nuke countries (france) and other crap like that. If you don't have you can find it *cough*<a href="http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3346824">here</a>*cough* and it's expansion *cough*<a href="http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3214358">here as well</a>*cough*. Can play online with those too, or for the moral people, can <a href="http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645924">buy it for cheap</a>. Thrones and Patriots is good expansion as it adds Americas and changes to to other nations. Get and play with me. D:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Rise of Nations is probably my favorite RTS ever. I love the risk-like campaign.

I got mine at torrentspy... "cough"

D

Don Francisco

Yeah, RoN is pretty awesome. Since you guys are playing it I may re-install it and get down with the online (although I probably suck since I haven't played in forever).
I'm going to try out Civ IV since it's been winning all of these "Game of the Year 2005 - PC" awards. I've never played a Civ game, though. :O

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
civ is a classic. i played the snes version up. i'm reather suprised it made the list though, besides grapics i have trouble seeing what else they could have improved on.. i guess i'll have to try it. its probably one of the most educational/entertaining games out there.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I have CIV IV, but the turn based stuff is kind of a turn off for me. RoN is probably one of my favorite RTS, if not Age of Mythology. Me and Cosh (and sometimes his roommate) play every now and then, but I'm always up for a game if we got a few people that wanted to play. I -think- if you have the regular game (IE you didnt download it), there is some kind of roomlist that pops up when you go into multiplayer mode. But you can play direct IP with downloaded one at least.

We edited one of the rules.xml files so we could launch like 15000 nukes before armageddon though. Probably removes alot of the strategy from the game, but damn its fun.

Last edited:

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
need crack

edit: of the cocaine variety

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
need crack of what, for serial you can put in whatever you want.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
EDIT: uh.. i wouldn't mind trying a game. i haven't played but for like 10 minutes, but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Don Francisco

I installed it and am having a blast (The Spanish Empire FTW!). How do I do teh onlinez?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
need one of us to host, I dont think you can join public games. Aaron hosted a server last night that me, cosh, and cosh's roommate played on. Maybe can get Aaron to host a server later.

Oh, and apparently Spanish is the best nation in the regular game, but got nerfed hard in the expansion.

D

Don Francisco

Heh, I think Spain was one of the worst nations in AoE2 but I don't care. Gotta stand up for the patria. I remember playing online when everyone was exploiting the Byzentines in that game - sometimes I was the only non-Byzentine.
I can't play this weekend 'cause I'm at my uncle's house but hopefully starting Monday I'll be able to.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'd like to get a big group for this game. Playing against CPU just isn't the same.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
just aim me if you want me to host something. i'd like to play soon as well.

i still haven't quite figured out who i like using. all i know is that i refuse to conform to the americans craze, though they probably are the best.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
God damn this game is still so good.